- My first job was scooping ice cream at a local shop – the kind of place where we made it ourselves. One responsibility – keep my recovering alcoholic co-worker away from the Maker’s Mark used for bourbon ball ice cream. (He did whippits instead.)
- I won tickets to see R.E.M. in 1989 by winning a local radio station contest to see who could Stand on one leg the longest.
- I graduated from college before I could drink legally. No bars meant four years of plan b.
- In 1998, I visited North Korea. It was like stepping into a time warp, almost something you’d see in a movie.
Some day I’ll find the pictures and post to Flickr.Posted on 5/31/07.
- And finally more on my name and why I started blogging – including how I learned to love the blog.
So I’m late to this meme and it appears that these illustrious bloggers have yet to be tagged (or haven’t posted yet):
- Eric Kintz (too non-corporate perhaps?)
- Marianne Richmond
- Ben McConnell or Jackie Huba (certainly you’ve been tagged already!)
- Joe Chernov at BzzAgent (can you hijack the Bento Box?)
- and my colleague Charlene Li – surely swamped with end-of-quarter stuff, just like me.
And for good measure: [these are not links to me!]
UPDATE: FYI the links to "Peter Kim" above are to three different people with the same name…not me! Someone emailed me and asked for a link to her blog; she had tagged herself and also linked to herself four times. Not the spirit of the meme, IMHO.