It's tough being an internal social media champion. Let's count the ways.
- Counterparts decrying how your focus is filled with fluff
- Industry experts questioning the value of social media roles
- Media quick to lash out and magnify questionable results as bankrupting failures
- Your counterparts are getting themselves up to speed with social, just in case this turns into something
- The most vocal industry experts are usually consultants who are asking to be hired
- Media needs your input to save their own business model and to provide valuable content along the way