I'm in Miami. And when I'm in Miami, I think about the city's heyday in pop culture, during the mid- to late 1980's. And when I think about the music from that time and see signs for A1A, I think about Vanilla Ice.
Whether he knew it or not, Mr. Ice was a social business visionary. Allow me to translate the knowledge he dropped twenty years ago that should guide us today.
- On strategy: "All right stop collaborate and listen"
- On new tools: "Ice is back with my brand new invention"
- On work ethic: "Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly"
- On social's staying power: "Will it ever stop yo I don't know"
- On bad tools and process: "killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom"
- On quality control: "Anything less than the best is a felony"
- On scalability: "Love it or leave it you better gain weight"
- On getting things done: "If there was a problem yo I'll solve it"
- On authenticity: "Quick to the point to the point no faking"
- On agility: "Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble"
- On guru rockstars: "I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo"
- On MySpace: "The block was dead"
- On Twitter's spam followers: "Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis"
- On Facebook detractors: "Reading for the chumps on the wall"
- On leadership: "Conducted and formed"
- On social business design: "This is a hell of a concept"
- On effectiveness: "slice like a ninja / Cut like a razor blade"
- On how to celebrate wins: "Ice ice baby"
- On ROI: "Word to your mother"
To take a drive down memory lane this morning and be astounded by Mr. Ice's prescience, click here.