Former Chief Executive Officer at The Barbarian Group, tasked with restructuring a notorious agency brand. Restored cash flow and profitability through reductions in workforce, resigning unprofitable accounts, and controlling expenses, while delivering high profile campaigns for global brands.
I’m also a public speaker and have participated in industry events including SXSW and Cannes Lions, conferences in North and South America, Europe, and Asia, and addressed audiences ranging from 20 to 2,000+. To learn more including videos and slide decks, visit the speaking section.
I’ve been quoted by a wide range of media outlets including the CBS Evening News, CNBC, CNN, NPR, The Economist, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. To see videos and read full-text articles, visit the press section.
You can call me at +1 415 475-9785 or use the contact form.
I’ve worked with clients including:
- [Consumer Products] AmorePacific, The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Coty, The Estée Lauder Companies, General Electric, Godrej Group, Heinz, Keds, L’Oreal, Pepsi, PUMA, USPS, VF (Jansport, Kipling, Napapijri, Nautica, North Face, Vans)
- [Financial Services] Alberta Treasury, Bank of America, Charles Schwab, Citibank, Citizens Bank, Discover, Fidelity Investments, Harland, Legg Mason, MasterCard, Merrill Lynch, NelNet, T Rowe Price, TIAA-CREF, TurboTax
- [Healthcare] Johnson & Johnson, Philips Healthcare, Trinity Health, Wellpoint
- [High Tech] Apple, Dell, Freescale Semiconductor, HP, IBM/Lotus, Microsoft, Samsung Electronics, Sony, Verisign
- [Manufacturing/B2B] BMW/MINI, Boeing, Raytheon, UPS
- [Information & Professional Services] Aspen Marketing, Boston Consulting Group, Brodeur, Dentsu, Harte-Hanks, McKinsey & Company, Merkle, Omniture, Ryan Partnership, Sapient Nitro, SAS
- [Media & Infocomm] Conde Nast, Cox, Forbes, Google, Lexis-Nexis, McGraw-Hill, Scholastic, TNS, Twitter
- [Retail/Restaurant] Best Buy, Eddie Bauer, Home Depot, Pizza Hut, Target, Yum! Brands
- [Telecom] AT&T, Nokia, Rogers, Verizon
- [Travel] AAA, Emirates, Etihad, Intercontinental Hotels, MGM Resorts
- [Utilities] Alabama Gas, California ISO, Consolidated Edison, Southern Company
First Chief Digital Officer at Cheil Worldwide, where I consolidated reporting lines to manage a business unit of 1,600 professionals. Created a capabilities-based organization to focus growth efforts across ten regions. New business wins include Cheil’s first two global digital accounts. Keynote speaker at Cannes Lions and China International Advertising Festival.
Former Chief Strategy Officer at Dachis Group, where I built a multi-million dollar business advisory practice from scratch and led the company to a successful exit upon acquisition by Sprinklr.
Previously I was an analyst at Forrester Research in Boston, focusing on the intersection of social technology and marketing strategy. I won internal awards for Best Research and Top Keynote, publishing 36 research documents and highly rated for client speeches, advisory and workshops.
Before that, I was also head of global digital marketing at PUMA, building online stores in the US and Europe, launching and localizing 20+ websites for six continents, and formulating a master digital brand architecture. I also ran international marketing operations, managing the budget, contracts, and building an in-house agency.