Some notes from last week’s 2nd annual Interactive Promotion Summit in Las Vegas, put on by ePrize. There were about 350 attendees, around 200 were client-side marketers.
PROMO Magazine’s 2006 Interactive Marketing Awards
– Evaluated 100 campaigns in 10 different categories. If you’re not linked below, you should really consider better SEO visibility.
– Best viral promotion: Gap Ambassador Program by A Squared Group
– Best trial recruitment: Pontiac Solstice Early Order Program by Digitas
– Best loyalty building: Yahoo Messenger Emoti-contest (in-house)
– Best consumer website (most entries): Cadillac Under 5 by Arc Worldwide
– Best B2B website: Heineken Trimester Portlet by Ryan Partnership
– Best podcasting/blogs/RSS: Cooper Tires Ultimate Bowl Tour Blog by ESPN/ABC
– Best SEM: Apple Vacations by Refinery
– Best use of email marketing: 12 Deals of Christmas by Toys R Us
– Best digital marketing outside US: Be The First To Play by icGroup for Pepsi/FritoLay
– Best use of SMS/MMS/Mobile marketing: Pontiac Catch a G6 by Digitas. Also best overall interactive marketing campaign for 2006.
Coca-Cola Case Study: mycokerewards
– Three steps in "precision marketing": connect, collect, perfect
– Designed to build a "lifetime of loyalty" in four target segments
– New slogan: "drink choose live"
Keynote: David Sable, Wunderman
– Talking about viral campaigns at least a year old
– Four keys to global promotion: all relationship are local, think lifetime value, brand response (TM), customers really manage. Not a good explanation of the apparent conflict between #2 and #4.
– Great example of Energizer bunny in U.S. vs. Duracell’s use everywhere else
– Google bubble yum spiders eggs
My panel: The Future of Marketing
– With Joe Jaffe, Gust Kouvaris, and
– I enjoyed it and hope the audience got something useful out of the time
See you next year!
Tags: promotion summit, interactive awards :: Add to del.icio.us