Marketers are deconstructing Borat the same way a college student would deconstruct Winston Smith or Bartleby.
Lessons learned so far:
– Why Borat goes where SoaP could not (Marketing Profs Daily Fix)
– How Borat’s MySpace page is better than the average marketing shill (Adrants)
– Borat proves that WOM marketing really does work (Jaffe Juice)
– Borat shows that if you want success today, create something good (Lefsetz Letter)
– Borat’s lesson: don’t underestimate the competition (CNBC)
And I thought it was just a movie by a British guy who appears to be making fun of Kazakhstan when he’s really making fun of the United States. Why didn’t Ricky Bobby get this kind of attention?