Lots of thoughts swirling about measurement. One last tweak to the methodology here; I’ve put together metrics of authority, attention, and influence.
- Authority: 20% Technorati Authority + 20% Google PageRank
- Attention: 10% Alexa traffic
- Influence: 50% Feed subscribers
Let me explain.
Authority: 40% of total. Technorati scored by rank decile, Google straight up.
Attention: users actually visiting the site. I wanted to combine this with other ratings (e.g. NetRatings, Compete) but only Alexa measures the majority of blogs here. I know Alexa isn’t perfect…
Influence: blog subscribers. There aren’t clear numbers on market share. I’m using Feedburner stats from blogs that make them available and making an assumption that Bloglines subscribers are 20% of total for others.
Here’s the list:
- ExperienceCurve :: 74
- Strategic Public Relations :: 70
- Listen Up! :: 57
- BeRelevant! :: 51
- Marketing Nirvana :: 49
- Conversation Agent :: 49
- Todd And – The Power To Connect :: 48
- Decker Marketing :: 45
- The Lonely Marketer :: 41
- cgm :: 37
- Flooring The Consumer :: 36
- The Marketing Excellence Blog :: 35
- Bernaisesource :: 34
- Biznology :: 34
- Cross The Breeze :: 32
- Churbuck.com :: 32
- AttentionMax :: 32
- "Turbo" Todd Watson :: 31
- Masiguy :: 31
- Community Group Therapy :: 31
Live launch in a fortnight.