Originally uploaded by Pete Kim.
I was in New York this week. Some things I noticed:
– The weather was hot and humid. More like July than September.
– Three people reading TIME magazine. Not in doctor’s offices either.
– I didn’t see many people wearing Yankees caps. Where’s the pride?
– Subway ads are mostly educational. Learn English, public health info.
– The Airtrain rocks. $7, no stop-and-go traffic.
– New Yorkers talking on the phone walk like tourists with cameras.
– Heads of state prefer the Intercontinental or the Waldorf-Astoria. Their entourages stay in the W and the Marriott.