I didn’t go into the office today for a couple of reasons. But after some introspection, let me offer some reasons why working from home isn’t so great:
– The dogs give me guilty looks, wanting to go for a walk
– I have to make my own lunch
– No one answers my calls because they don’t recognize the caller ID
– Procrastinating activities like cleaning the house have high value
– I lose a day of value on my monthly commuter rail pass
– The dining room table is better for eating than typing
And finally: RSS feeds, tweets, and Facebook status updates aren’t the same as seeing people in person!