I received this meme via email and thought I’d give it some bloglegs instead – renaming the meme 4×4. Interesting to see the "n things" make its way around in a different channel. I was also tagged by Shiv Singh a while back but dropped the ball. (sorry!)
The list I received had nine groups, which seemed odd to me for lists of four – but let’s roll with it. So here’s my 4×4:
Four jobs I’ve had in my life:
1. Ice cream scooper at White Mountain Creamery. First paid job ever.
2. Tennis instructor for Louisville Metro Parks.
3. Firewood broker. Arbitrage in the community, buying at $30 from one side of town and selling at $50 on the other.
4. Stockbroker’s assistant. Called inactive clients all summer long. One lived in Hawaii, who I woke up at 5 am. More than one was dead, which explained the inactivity.
Four TV shows I DVR:
1. Prison Break
2. American Idol
4. 24 (despite its growing y/y plot ridiculousness)
Four places I’ve been:
1. New Iberia, Louisiana (on a July 4th weekend – hottest place ever)
2. Mobridge, South Dakota (due diligence on a warehouse)
3. Pyongyang, North Korea (its a long story)
4. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (nothing better than a free Spring Break trip)
Four favorite foods:
1. Chipotle burritos
2. In-N-Out burgers
3. Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches
4. Korean fried chicken
I’d like to hear about from these four bloggers: Chris Brogan, Josh Hallett, Brian Haven, and Jeremiah Owyang. Come to think of it, would love these four as well: Ann Handley, Toby Bloomberg, Becky Carroll, and Marianne Richmond, too!
(If you prefer to substitute, the other groups were: people who email me regularly, places I’d rather be right now, people I think will respond, things I look forward to next year, and music artists I’m listening to right now.)