At the end of each month, I've made it a habit to take a look back at analytics for the month and highlight the most viewed content on this blog. In April, the top ten posts were:
- A List of Social Media Marketing Examples
- Analysis of a wiki of social media marketing examples
- Social Media Predictions 2009
- A framework for measuring social media
- Welcome to David Armano
- Recap on P&G Digital Night
- #w2e #smfail
- Applying game mechanics to social media
- It's Time to Transform
- Input requested: Web 2.0 Expo session
Pretty straightforward lesson here – blog less, less traffic, with a higher percentage of returning visitors. Older quality content starts to stand out. Others have experienced and I will concur, Twitter is becoming as (if not more) important than Google in driving site traffic.
One of the main reasons I write these month-end reflection posts is to provide you with links in case you missed any content as it happened. Blog content can be both highly perishable and easy to miss.