It's been a couple weeks since I posted. It feels like a couple months. Some thoughts from the pause:
- Once momentum is lost, it's a lot easier for the blog to remain at rest. For all the physicists out there, there's no lack of force around here, but it has been driving business activities other than the blog.
- The blogs I've followed since "the early days" of social media post much less frequently today. That contributes to a lack of great content to react to.
- Audiences and attention have fragmented wildly. The growth of other platforms (e.g. social networks, Twitter, Tumblr, Posterous) has clearly cut into the time and attention paid to blogs.
- Even ego traps don't work well anymore.
- Not posting on a blog reminds me of that Geico commercial – it's just sitting there watching at you, waiting for you to post again.
I've been thinking of a way to wrap up the year. More to come…