Kate Niederhoffer joined Dachis Group early on, having built up Nielsen Buzzmetrics, one of the most important service companies in the early social computing market. She intends to share her knowledge through the South by Southwest 2011 panel The Biz of Buzz.
Her thoughts in brief: What do we know from being in the business of buzz since the early days? What can we learn about where we are going by analyzing trends from way back when Listening was referred to as social media monitoring to today where social media is primarily a vehicle for personal brand-building and promotion? With a combined 21 years working in social media and monitoring “buzz” these panelists have learned to separate the hype from the truth and will share top trends and lessons learned from working in the trenches of emerging media.
Kate’s session will address these questions:
- How do social media monitoring tools/ listening platforms really differ?
- What are the top themes in social media that have emerged over the past 6 years?
- Are things like engagement and influence really possible to capture?
- How do you rely on social media to make business decisions?
- Which social media metrics are meaningful?
If that sounds interesting to you, I encourage you to give a thumbs up toThe Biz of Buzz.