I am Chief Strategy Officer and Principal Analyst at Constellation Research. My coverage focuses on customer experience management (including relationship management, social networks, content optimization and publishing, advocacy, and analytics) as well as marketing service providers (including agencies and consultancies), and innovation agenda items (including social business, omnichannel, and global digital trends).
I'm also a public speaker and have participated in industry conferences including SXSW and Web 2.0 Expo, events in North and South America, Europe, and Asia, and audiences ranging from 20 to 2,000. To learn more including videos and slide decks, visit the speaking section.
I've been quoted by a wide range of media outlets including the CBS Evening News, CNBC, CNN, NPR, The Economist, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. To see videos and read full-text articles, visit the press section.
You can connect with me by phone at +1 415 475-9785 or email via contact [at] being peter kim dot com. For specific requests, you can use the contact form.
I've worked with clients including:
- [Consumer Products] The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Coty, The Estée Lauder Companies, GE Appliances, Godrej Group, Heinz, L'Oreal, Pepsi, USPS, VF
- [Financial Services] Alberta Treasury, Bank of America, Charles Schwab, Citibank, Citizens Bank, Discover, Fidelity Investments, Harland, Legg Mason, MasterCard, Merrill Lynch, NelNet, T Rowe Price, TIAA-CREF, TurboTax
- [Healthcare] Johnson & Johnson, Philips Healthcare, Trinity Health, Wellpoint
- [High Tech] Apple, Dell, Freescale Semiconductor, HP, IBM/Lotus, Microsoft, Sony, Verisign
- [Manufacturing/B2B] BMW, Boeing, Raytheon, UPS
- [Information & Professional Services] Aspen Marketing, Boston Consulting Group, Brodeur, Dentsu, Harte-Hanks, McKinsey & Company, Merkle, Omniture, Ryan Partnership, Sapient, SAS
- [Media & Infocomm] Conde Nast, Cox, Forbes, Google, Lexis-Nexis, McGraw-Hill, Scholastic, TNS, Twitter
- [Retail/Restaurant] Best Buy, Eddie Bauer, Home Depot, Pizza Hut, Target, Yum! Brands
- [Telecom] AT&T, Nokia, Rogers, Verizon
- [Travel] AAA, Intercontinental Hotels, MGM Resorts
- [Utilities] Alabama Gas, California ISO, Consolidated Edison, Southern Company
Former Chief Strategy Officer at Dachis Group, where I built a multi-million dollar business advisory practice from scratch and led the company to a successful exit upon acquisition by Sprinklr.
Previously I was an analyst at Forrester Research in Boston, focusing on the intersection of social technology and marketing strategy. I won internal awards for Best Research and Top Keynote, publishing 36 research documents and highly rated for client speeches, advisory and workshops.
Before that, I ran international marketing operations at PUMA AG, managing the budget, contracts, and building an in-house agency. I was also head of global digital marketing, building online stores in the US and Europe, launching and localizing 20+ websites for six continents, and formulating a master digital brand architecture.