We're just over a week away from the start of South by Southwest 2009.
Here's some additional stuff I've come across that you might find useful:
- Our firm is hosting an event on Monday, March 16th with Austin Ventures. See this page for details.
- Many people will be flying in at the same time, going to similar places. Why not try a #taxishare?
- To find out who'll be around visit this wiki from @mediaphyter and @kyeung808.
Earlier, I posted:
- A map of Austin from my business traveler perspective, with help from @jackiehuba and @austinbeergeek.
- How to connect with me on my.SXSW and Twitter
- Some of the parties from the official list
- Details on my panel, "My Boss Doesn't Get It: Championing Social Media to the Man."
See you in Austin!
I am definitely coming to your panel. Its title is my life right now.
Peter – don’t forget that Austin is a great city for food and drink, and for SXSW Yelp has worked with its advertisers to offer specials during the conference. To make it easy to enjoy said specials and get a good sampling of Austin’s best culinary offerings, Jodi from Tasty Touring put together a series of mini-tours for visitors and locals alike. It’s a great way to taste the best of Austin while sticking to a budget:
I wish I had registered to go. Making sure to make the next one. Would love to meet in person. Maybe a road trip in due!!! Anyone from the Miami area game?
Peter – my colleague @KathyWarren just did a nice post that offers up some other great places to eat. Given Kathy’s 17 years spent in Austin, I’d say she’s got mad foodie skillz: http://budurl.com/f5kw
Let the festivities begin!
The folks at SurveyGizmo have put together a Session and Event rating tool, which folks can access at: http://rate.sxsw.com
Leave a comment