Are you planning to attend a GDS Group CMO Digital Insight Summit in North America or Europe this March? If so, you won’t see me there. However, GDS sales people are informing prospective sponsors and attendees that I will be attending and looking to network and hire service partners. Nope.
Multiple prospects have asked me about this and it’s just not true. Here’s a screenshot from a sales webinar, showing proof of the lie. No surprise, they messed up the logo.
GDS, stop with the fake news. I have contacted your sales people about this blatant misrepresentation and they refuse to acknowledge the situation. Not surprising, as it appears that this is business as usual.
If you are considering sponsoring or attending this event, it might be worth your time and budget. But if you expect to connect with a specific attendee, it’s worth the effort to check references before committing. A simple search and inquiry on LinkedIn will give you plenty of information.
For anyone who’s been lied to by GDS and wants to hear about my digital agenda for 2018, here are some initiatives my team is working on:
- Continuing to expand the features and functionality of LEGO Life, our child-friendly social building app
- Inspiring parents of preschoolers and toddlers with content that helps make playtime more fun
- Bringing more adult fan creations to life, like our soon-to-be-released Ship in a Bottle
- Growing the world’s most subscribed YouTube brand channel
- Delivering the best consumer service in the galaxy
- And a lot of other stuff that I would never share publicly
If you’re visiting Austin this March, enjoy. If it’s your first visit, here are some things you might want to know.